Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving weekend


Thanksgiving sure was different this year.  A bit hard to enjoy the turkey when you have 3 screaming babies.  I don't think they screamed more than they usually do, maybe a bit since Marcos is sick but I guess we have not tried to actually sit at the table since they have been home.  Our Thanksgiving dinner (cooked by my mother in law) lasted 10 minutes before one, two and three babies needed something. I kinda  had a feeling.
To be honest, I really wasn't in the mood.  I was feeling a bit homesick.  This is my first Thanksgiving in CA away from family and friends, and I felt it.   

It was impossible to get all three babies awake and happy for a picture all day long. 
They all took turns sleeping...the cons of having no schedule yet for this trio. 
But I was happy to at least get some pics with their Thanksgiving clothes on.




And some pics with mommy...these are rare.  There are only so many days I actually get fully ready and put make up on.

And so the holiday season begins...not sure what to expect.  This is the first black Friday I have missed in a long time.  I missed it.  I even gave it some thought...would sacrificing the little sleep I get be worth the door busters? I decided against it.  Besides Bella and Marcos were still coughing a lot.  And I started feeling sick that night. Sickness plus 3 months of little sleep and crying babies did not allow us to get the Christmas tree out this weekend.  Weeks like this past one make me feel that it may be somewhat of an impossible task. I have absolutely no down time...Ok, I cannot start complaining.  God help me not sweat the small stuff and give strength and patience to get through each day.

It's really hard for me to get in front of the camera but participating in Mommy and Me Monday has gotten me some great pics that I will treasure forever!
Won't you join us?

Mommy and Me Monday at Really, Are You Serious?
Hosted by Krystyn at Really, Are You Serious?

2 comments:

  1. They are so cute in their Thanksgiving outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those outfits...and their little cheeks!

    I've never gone to the stores on Black Friday....hopefully, I'm not missing anything!

    Both of our girls are October babies, so I *sort of* know what it means to not get to sit down and eat Thanksgiving dinner.

    ReplyDelete