Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sofia and Marcos are free!

After a long 98 day stay, Marcos and Sofia were released from the NICU on August 23, 2011.  We couldn't believe it.  We thought this day would never come.  Luckily, the doctors and nurses had been preparing me for a few weeks.  I was excited but so nervous to take them home.  It was scary for me to think that all they needed was five days without an apnea or a brady.  I was afraid it would happen at home.  I was scared that I would be a nervous wreck worrying all the time.  I had so much adrenaline going through my body that day, that I almost felt sick. 

Here is the stroller and the diaper bag....still no babies....


And our very last day at morning rounds with some of the amazing nurses and doctors.  And finally baby Carlos attends rounds.


Babies still needed to pass their car seat test...

One last pic of the crib the triplets shared.  All the pictures were taken by all our wonderful nurses!




The picture that will go on the NICU bulletin board...


And a bitter sweet moment, as we leave Carlitos behind for a few days. 


And just as we were leaving, some of the evening nurses walk in.  Such an emotional moment.  They have taken such good care of our babies and have spent more time with them than we have.  They will always be part of our family and we will miss them so much! 


No comments:

Post a Comment