Tuesday, May 31, 2011

2 weeks ago

My babies are 2 weeks old or 27 weeks 2 days.

Sofia is doing great. She is getting a little bit of breastmilk every 3 hours now. She has not had to go back on the ventilator since she got off. Her nurses and doctors often call her a rock star.
I did not like hearing that her blood pressure dropped this morning for about three minutes and then cameback up on its own. They are watching it closely. I held her again. I hummed "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" and later found out it was a little louder than what I thought. She whimpers when they take her away.

Daddy held Marcos today.

And Carlos continues to have more desats than his siblings. Funny how these medical terms are now part of our everyday vocabulary. He is still on Dopamine and steroids to lower his blood pressure. They are trying to wean him but its been a couple of days. Hopefully tomorrow we can spend some time holding him. I feel so bad, like I'm neglecting him.

All three are getting another sonogram of their heart tomorrow.
How I wish all three of their PDA's showed up completely closed...

As for me, this completes day 3 of no crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment